Fresh Strawberry Pie – Quick and Easy Recipe!
I love this recipe for fresh strawberry pie because you don’t need to turn the oven on, and the berries provide most of the sweetness. You can make a single crust pie shell if you like or you can use a graham cracker crust. The graham cracker crust tastes wonderful and saves you the trouble of making and baking that pie crust when the weather is warm.
This post contains affiliate links or advertisements. You won’t pay extra but I may earn a small commission if you purchase products through those links. Thank you for supporting The Self Sufficient HomeAcre!
Using Fresh Strawberries from My Garden
It’s wonderful to have fresh strawberries for making my Strawberry Jam Low Sugar Recipe and Strawberry Rhubarb Freezer Jam. This recipe for Fresh Strawberry Pie is one of my favorites! I hope you enjoy it too. 🙂
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 8 cups Strawberries wash and remove stems
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsps cornstarch
- 1 8 – 9″ pie crust graham cracker or single crust pastry shell
- Place 1 cup of the berries and the water in a blender and puree until smooth. Add enough additional water to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Add strawberry puree’ and stir over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Cool for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the mixture over sides and bottom of pie crust. Add half of remaining strawberries. Spoon half of remaining glaze over berries. Add the remaining berries and cover with the remainder of the glaze.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Make it Vegan if You Like…
This recipe contains no gelatin, unlike many of the recipes for fresh strawberry pies I found online. If you make the crust with coconut oil, this will be a vegan recipe.
Do you have a favorite recipe for strawberries?
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This looks refreshing!!!
Glad it’s vegan, and I love that you’ve got fresh berries from your own yard! One day we hope to!
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with the Homestead Blog Hop readers!
Thanks so much, Laurie! Happy to share 🙂
This is exactly what I was looking for! My son doesn’t like gelatin either and this is also the way mom used to make it. Thanks! We picked 11# of berries this week so I’m making this tomorrow
How wonderful! Enjoy!
Well that’s just so pretty! And yummy too I’m sure.
Oh that looks so yummy! I love summer most because of Strawberries and Watermelon!
I just made a strawberry pie for our Father’s Day cookout yesterday – I added blueberries to mine as well. Used a baked crust, and gelatin in my recipe. Tastes like summer!