Fresh Strawberry Salsa for a Seasonal Twist!
This fresh strawberry salsa is a delicious twist on an old favorite! This is a great way to use your harvest when the main crop is coming in strong, or you are getting a few everbearing strawberries in summer. Chop them up with fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, and cilantro from your garden.
Do you enjoy salsa but want to try something new? This blend of sweet fruit, tangy lime, and savory onions, peppers, and cilantro makes a great combination. Serve with tortilla chips, top your tacos, spoon onto a salad, or use as a tasty garnish for fish, chicken, or pork. Fresh strawberry salsa makes a great snack, topping for brunch or lunch, or tasty picnic food.
This post contains affiliate links or advertisements. You won’t pay extra but I may earn a small commission if you purchase products through those links. Thank you for supporting The Self Sufficient HomeAcre!
Fresh Strawberry Salsa is Easy!
All you need to do is wash and chop the ingredients, toss together in a bowl with some lime juice and olive oil, then chill for a couple of hours. It’s very simple and quick to prepare, but it will taste best after the flavors have a chance to mingle in the fridge for a while.
Here’s the easy recipe…
Fresh Strawberry Salsa
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red, orange, or yellow sweet peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 tbsps cilantro finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare fresh ingredients and add to a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice and add to the bowl. Add vegetable oil, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to develop. Makes about 3 cups of salsa.
- Serve salsa as a dip for tortilla chips, on chicken or fish tacos, or add as a topping for mixed greens salad.
- Refrigerate unused portion and use within 3 days for best flavor and texture.
Perfect for Strawberry Season…
This tangy-sweet salsa is great when the strawberry patch is in full production and you want to use those tasty berries. Sometimes you get tired of canning jam and cooking when the weather is warming up. Try grilling some chicken or fish outdoors and top it with a spoonful of fresh strawberry salsa. You won’t heat up the kitchen preparing this recipe!
Use Fresh Strawberry Salsa:
- As a topping for tacos
- For dipping with tortilla chips
- To garnish grilled meats
- In quesadillas
- As a side with grilled cheese sandwiches
- With cheese and crackers
- To top a salad
- As a garnish for gazpacho
Fresh Food in Season Tastes Best
Preparing fresh strawberry salad and other dishes from produce in season always tastes better! Use fresh berries from your garden, the farmers market, or a local U-pick strawberry patch. Try growing your own organic strawberries for the freshest flavor possible!
Don’t have your own strawberry patch? Check LocalHarvest for a U-Pick patch near you!
Nothing is as good as your own homemade food, fresh from the garden!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.