Fresh Strawberry Salsa
Strawberry Salsa is a delicious twist on an old favorite! A spicy-sweet salsa that is great for dipping tortilla chips or topping tacos.
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red, orange, or yellow sweet peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 tbsps cilantro finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and prepare fresh ingredients and add to a mixing bowl.
Squeeze lime juice and add to the bowl. Add vegetable oil, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
Combine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to develop. Makes about 3 cups of salsa.
Serve salsa as a dip for tortilla chips, on chicken or fish tacos, or add as a topping for mixed greens salad.
Refrigerate unused portion and use within 3 days for best flavor and texture.