Make Cream Filled Chocolates From Scratch!
This recipe for cream filled chocolates is decadent, rich, and hard to resist! Do you wish you could make your own gourmet chocolates from scratch and save some money?
It may sound difficult, but these creamy chocolates are easy to make and the recipe is adaptable to different tastes.
You can most any flavored extract to create chocolate candies to suit your tastes. Try orange, lemon, maple, coconut, mint, or pretty much any other flavor for these decadent homemade chocolates!
This post contains affiliate links or advertisements. You won’t pay extra but I may earn a small commission if you purchase products through those links. Thank you for supporting The Self Sufficient HomeAcre!
I decided to make my own candy for special occasions last year. I came up with this recipe using orange flavoring for the cream centers. Coconut creams are on my list to try next.
Some of my favorite candies to make at home are Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs and All Natural Peppermint Patties…yum!
This recipe for cream chocolates is great at any time of year. Make them more festive by drizzling with white chocolate or dusting with cocoa powder before the chocolate coating sets.
Cream Filled Chocolates with All Natural Ingredients
I don’t like buying candy with artificial flavors and colors or other questionable ingredients. So I adapted a recipe from my old copy of Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, which is actually rather old.
The original recipe is for creamy mints…no chocolate involved. I replaced the mint extract with orange extract, shaped the filling into balls, and coated them with organic chocolate.
So let’s get started and you’ll be taste-testing the best cream filled chocolates today!
The Best Cream Filled Chocolates
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp extract orange, lemon, coconut, maple, raspberry, & cherry are all wonderful
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugars
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp beeswax, food-grade grated
- Cream the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the extract of your choice and beat until combined.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar gradually and beat after each addition to combine thoroughly.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture with a small spoon, and roll into balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and refrigerate while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- Place chocolate chips and beeswax in the top of a double boiler. Add water to the bottom pan (be careful not to get any water into the chocolate). Place the double boiler on a medium burner.
- Stir chocolate and beeswax until completely melted. Turn off the burner, but leave the pan on the burner to keep chocolate melted.
- Coat each candy ball with melted chocolate and remove with fork or dipping tool. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with all of the candies. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Store chocolates in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Use in 2 or 3 weeks for best results.
Satisfying My Sweet Tooth…
So, I have to admit that I am a bit of a chocoholic…I love chocolate!
It seems like holidays aren’t complete without at least one decadent chocolate treat to enjoy.
The next time I try these, I plan to use another flavor. In fact, I think I will divide the batch up into 4 separate bowls and make each one a different flavor.
If you like chocolates with creamy fillings, you’ll love this recipe! It really is easy to make and you don’t need any special candy molds or equipment.
Use your imagination and come up with a bunch of flavors that your family and friends will enjoy.
Take a batch as a hostess gift or wrap for party favors. You can give a gourmet treat without spending a bunch of money!
Do you make homemade candy? What is your favorite? Leave a comment!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.