The Holiday Rush Will Be Here Soon!
November is here and many of us are getting prepared for the holiday season. If you’re anything like me, you want to be prepared early to beat the Holiday Rush. If so, you’ll want to get started soon. It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner!
A Special Holiday Season for Me!
I love the holidays and this year will be extra special because my family is celebrating my Dad’s 80th Birthday on Thanksgiving Weekend! It sure doesn’t seem like he will be 80…he is such an active guy!
My Mom is planning a Lumberjack themed party for my Dad…shhhh! Don’t tell him, lol. 🙂 And I already have a red and black plaid shirt for each of us to wear to the party.
In case you are wondering, my Dad has been cutting his own firewood and working in the woods and on the farm pretty much his whole life.
Start Now on Your Homemade Gifts!
Last week I made Apple Jam to give as gifts for family and friends. I shared a sheet of gift tags that you may download and print for free to attach to your apple jam if you make the recipe in my post. You don’t have to sign up for my newsletters or pay anything, just print them out and use them!
Check out the full recipe, with complete canning instructions and printable gift tags here!
I have a bunch of links to share over the coming month to help you make your own gifts for the holidays.
Chicken Garden Giveaway Announcement!
The Chicken Garden Giveaway ended on Sunday evening and we have a winner! Our lucky lady is Christy! And here is what Christy said when she found out she won…
“Thank you so much for this Giveaway. I’m excited to grow these for my chickens. I want to grow as much food as I can for my chickens!!! ”
And now for this week’s blog hop…
Check out our Farm Fresh Pinterest Page!
Farm Fresh Features!
Last week we had our Halloween & Harvest Hop… So this week I am featuring posts that fit the Halloween & Harvest Theme. There were a bunch of fun posts and I had trouble choosing…as always!
Be sure to stop by and visit these wonderful posts and congratulate your fellow bloggers on their features! (Click on image to visit!)
Congratulations to our Featured Bloggers! Be sure to check each of the hosts’ Farm Fresh Tuesdays posts to see if you were featured. We each choose our own features…don’t miss the chance to crow a little about your achievements!
Featured bloggers, grab our Farm Fresh Featured! badge and link it to the hop post where you were featured! Display it proudly in your sidebar or featured post!
Our Farm Fresh Tuesdays Hosts
Stop by and visit my co-hosts! These folks share so much great info on their blogs, you’ll love to see what they are up to each week.
Wendie & WT Abernathy from Unexplained Underfoot Objects
Melissa from Little Frugal Homestead
Tamara from The Reid Homestead
And Lisa from The Self Sufficient HomeAcre – That’s Me!
What’s Farm Fresh from Your Blog This Week?
- Share your homesteading, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes, sustainable and green living ideas, DIY, healthy living, and self-reliance posts! All are welcome! Share up to 4 family-friendly posts.
- You may share older posts with ‘in season’ information, but please don’t share the same posts each week!
- If you share your posts in this party, you are giving permission for others to link to your posts….that’s a good thing because it helps get more eyes on your posts.
- Check each host’s hop post to see if you were featured this week.
- Be sure to link back to this blog hop so that we can feature you next week.
- Visit some of the other posts and leave a comment…let them know you found them here!
- Feel free to apply to our Farm Fresh Bloggers Roundup Page!
- Please do not link to other blog hops, linky parties, or to giveaways in this homesteading hop. However, you may leave a comment below telling us about your blog hop or giveaway!
Share the Farm Fresh Tuesdays Badge in your post or sidebar, or a text link back to one of our hosts!
Are you hosting a blog hop or giveaway? Please share in the comments!
In addition to writing for her own websites, Lisa has contributed articles to The Prepper Project and Homestead.org.
The author lives outside of Chicago with her husband, son, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a variety of poultry.
Latest posts by Lisa Lombardo (see all)
- DIY Baking Powder, Cake Flour & Self Rising Flour - November 12, 2019
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays #27 & 3 Weeks of Thanksgiving! - November 11, 2019
- Holiday Side Hustles for Homesteaders - November 10, 2019