Eggnog French Toast Makes Breakfast Special!
This Eggnog French Toast recipe makes breakfast extra delicious and special! Do you want to whip up an easy and hearty meal in the morning? Make your French toast just a little more exciting by using eggnog in place of the milk and sprinkling it with sweet nutmeg.
This recipe is an easy way to spice up a holiday breakfast or brunch!
Try making your own lighter version of raw eggnog or make cooked eggnog with rum. (You can leave out the rum…especially for breakfast!)
This post contains affiliate links or advertisements.
Not Your Average French Toast!
If you enjoy eggnog for the holidays and French toast for breakfast, you’ll love this recipe! It has the definite flavor of eggnog for a yummy breakfast treat. Make some for Christmas morning, New Year’s brunch, or any time you want an easy way to make breakfast special.
I love eggnog but it really is rich and sweet…just a bit too much for me these days. So when I have company over I will often make or buy a small batch of eggnog to share. And we usually have extra after our guests leave.
So this time I used the leftover eggnog to dress up a batch of French toast for breakfast. It was a huge hit with my family! Topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon to make it even more delicious…they ate every last bite!
Here’s the super easy recipe…
Eggnog French Toast
- 6 slices bread whole wheat for a healthier option
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups eggnog
- Preheat a greased griddle on medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat by hand.
- Add the eggnog to the bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Dunk a slice of bread in the egg mixture until it is soaked.
- Place soaked bread on hot griddle and fry until browned on the bottom. Flip bread over and brown the other side. Remove from griddle.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- Fry any remaining egg mixture…it is delicious all by itself!
- Top French toast with butter, syrup, whipped cream, or jam.
- Refrigerate any leftovers…who am I kidding, there won't be any leftovers!
Don’t Fuss Over Breakfast!
Okay, making the whipped cream to top this French toast might be a little fussy! But you don’t have to do that…in fact, it will melt when you put a dollop on top of your hot breakfast. Ahem.
Top your French toast with real maple syrup, homemade applesauce, pumpkin butter, or jam. Try a drizzle of caramel sauce or just add a pat of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar…the eggnog French toast is already slightly sweet and you might not want any extra sugar.
What is your favorite holiday breakfast?
Yum! This looks so delicious! TFS!
We love this recipe…I hope you enjoy it too! Happy to share 🙂