Too Many Duck Eggs!
It’s either feast or famine around here. Until recently I had NO duck eggs. However my four young duck hens are in full production now and I’m getting a lovely egg from each of them, every day now.
I hatched two Pekin ducklings at the end of February. Then four little ducklings jumped into my cart at the feed store in March. Two of them are Rouens and the other two are a mystery. I now have two drakes and four duck hens.
I really don’t need this many duck eggs! I need to find buyers, more uses for duck eggs, or I suppose I could find a new home for some of them.
Do you have too many duck eggs? Here are some of my favorite ways to use them:
- French Toast Made with Duck Eggs
- Scrambled Duck Eggs that Don’t Taste Like Duck Eggs
- Any kind of baked goods!
What is your favorite way to use duck eggs?
In addition to writing for her own websites, Lisa has contributed articles to The Prepper Project and Homestead.org.
The author lives outside of Chicago with her husband, son, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a variety of poultry.
Latest posts by Lisa Lombardo (see all)
- DIY Baking Powder, Cake Flour & Self Rising Flour - November 12, 2019
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays #27 & 3 Weeks of Thanksgiving! - November 11, 2019
- Holiday Side Hustles for Homesteaders - November 10, 2019