The Best Pumpkin Cranberry Bread I’ve Ever Made!
This delicious Pumpkin Cranberry Bread is perfect for autumn but you will enjoy it any time of year! I’ve made quite a few loaves of pumpkin bread over the years. And I’ve tried lots of different recipes. Some of them were too dry or greasy so I kept searching. Then I adapted this one from an old cookbook and came up with my own version. It’s the only pumpkin bread I make now.
This recipe is also wonderful with raisins and nuts in place of the dried cranberries. Make a batch for the holidays, to give as a gift, or to showcase your homegrown pumpkin harvest!
This post contains affiliate links or advertisements. You won’t pay extra but I may earn a small commission if you purchase products through those links. Thank you for supporting The Self Sufficient HomeAcre!
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread is a Favorite in Our Home…
The scent of this homemade quick bread is heavenly when the weather cools and my family is looking for autumn treats from the kitchen. Since the recipe makes two loaves I can stick one in the freezer for later. We usually end up eating both loaves of bread up in 2 or 3 days…it’s that yummy!
For a ‘from scratch’ bread, I like to grow my own pie pumpkins and make homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe. You may also substitute any winter squash that has a Butternut type of flavor and texture. Do you need help choosing varieties to grow in your garden? Check out this guide to Choose the Best Pumpkins for Your Homestead.
No room to grow your own? Try your hand at cooking up a pie pumpkin or winter squash from the farmers market! If you don’t have time, don’t fret…go right ahead and use a can of pumpkin puree. Your pumpkin cranberry bread will taste just as wonderful. 🙂
Here’s the easy recipe…
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree 16 oz can
- 1 cup dried cranberries sweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour two 9 x 5 x 2 1/2″ bread pans, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set dry ingredients mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Add pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and stir well after each addition.
- Fold dried cranberries into batter.
- Evenly divide batter into two loaf pans and bake for 55 – 60 minutes. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the pans for 10 minutes then turn loaves out on a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
- Refrigerate loaves for up to a week. You may wrap and freeze bread for up to two months.
Delicious Recipe for the Holidays or Everyday!
This bread tastes wonderful in autumn when your pumpkins are freshly harvested. Use sweetened dried cranberries, or substitute golden raisins. You can also make this bread plain or add chopped pecans for a deliciously nutty version.
It makes a wonderful side for your Thanksgiving table and is much appreciated as a hostess gift. Save the recipe for any time you want something homemade and deliciously flavored with pumpkin spice.
One of the great things about this recipe is just how easy it is to make.
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Cranberry Bread as much as my family does! Try my recipe and leave a comment!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shared on Farm Fresh Tuesdays