Homemade Maple Nut Granola
Maple nut granola and other breakfast cereals are expensive and come in a lot of packaging. In addition, granola often contains a higher fat content than I want. That’s why I started experimenting with my own granola recipes years ago. I have several recipes that my family enjoys, but this maple nut version is my favorite!
You can experiment with your own version of granola or try this easy recipe!
Maple Nut Granola
- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural maple flavoring optional
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- Measure all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine until oats are coated.
- Spread mixture in two greased 9 x 13" baking dishes and place in 300F oven.
- Stir every 20 minutes and bake until the granola has dried out and is slightly crispy about 45 minutes.1 hour.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and place in an airtight container for storage.
Shared on Family Homesteading and Off-Grid Hop
In addition to writing for her own websites, Lisa has contributed articles to The Prepper Project and Homestead.org.
The author lives outside of Chicago with her husband, son, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a variety of poultry.
Latest posts by Lisa Lombardo (see all)
- DIY Baking Powder, Cake Flour & Self Rising Flour - November 12, 2019
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays #27 & 3 Weeks of Thanksgiving! - November 11, 2019
- Holiday Side Hustles for Homesteaders - November 10, 2019