Marbled Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies are a Decadent Treat!
Are you looking for a delicious Marbled Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies recipe that is fudgy with extra cream cheese swirls? You’re in luck because I adjusted several recipes to come up with this decadent version of the classic. When hubby told me how much he likes marbled brownies, I wanted to surprise him with a batch. He loves fudgy brownies best so I used my favorite fudge-type recipe and doubled the cream cheese swirl for good measure.
These brownies go great with some Homemade Hot Cocoa! Want to make up a tray of goodies for a chocolate lover? How about gifting these brownies along with some Italian Chocolate Christmas Cookies, Cream Filled Chocolates, Peppermint Patties, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs. Drool!
This post contains affiliate and referral links and advertising as a means to earn income. You won’t pay any extra but I may earn a small commission on qualifying purchases. As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
Here’s the Yummy Brownie Recipe…
To create these fudgy-creamy brownies, I used a fudge-type brownie recipe that I’ve been using for years. These treats are made with avocado oil (but you can use any vegetable oil or substitute butter for the oil and cream together with a mixer), home-raised eggs, organic flour, and organic cocoa powder. I buy quite a few of my bulk ingredients from the buying club, Azure Standard. (Referral link.) It allows me to purchase hard-to-find items and bulk goods at lower prices than locally.
I use a lot of cocoa powder and I really like this organic bulk bag purchased from Azure Standard. It goes a long way!
Marbled Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup unbleached flour
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13" cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix vegetable oil and 2 cups sugar. Add 4 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla, combine thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Add dry ingredients to oil, sugar, and egg mixture from step 4. Combine well. Spread brownie batter in a greased 9 x 13" cake pan.
- Spoon dollops of cream cheese mixture on top of brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture into the brownie mixture, creating a marbled look
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until brownies are set in the center and a knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies on a wire rack for 15 minutes before cutting.
Create Your Own Baked Goods From Scratch & Save!
Making your own baked goods and other foods from scratch is a great way to save money on groceries. When you make your own delicious meals and goodies from whole foods, the flavor is wonderful and you know exactly what goes in them. The savings add up when you purchase bulk ingredients at a discount. Check out my information on Saving Money with a Buying Club.
Want to make your own cream cheese? Check out the instructions on this site.