I’m Honored to be Nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Many thanks to Suzan of It’s My Sustainable Life for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I was pleasantly surprised to receive this recognition from one of the bloggers I really admire. I strive to be an environmentally friendly homesteader but I often feel like I fall short in my sustainability efforts…which is one of the reasons that I look up to Suzan! She is such a positive force for sustainable change and I am honored to make her list for the Sunshine Bloggers Award!
It’s My Sustainable Life…
This is a wonderful site for finding ideas to live a more sustainable lifestyle. Suzan shares posts on homesteading, gardening, healthy food, and living a green lifestyle. I first got to know Suzan through her posts shared on my blog hop, Farm Fresh Tuesdays. She always shares great posts that inspire and educate!
I’m especially drawn to her posts about gardening and homemade bath and body products that look amazing and simple to create. We have so much in common! Her recipe for non-toxic sunscreen looks wonderful and now I want to create a batch for myself. Seriously, go visit her site and read up on this inspiring lady. 🙂
The Sunshine Blogger Award
So what is this Sunshine Blogger Award of which you speak? It is an acknowledgment that a nominated blogger may, in turn, bestow upon their fellow bloggers. The award honors bloggers who are “creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.” I can certainly say that having Suzan nominate my blog for the Sunshine Bloggers Award has made me feel sunny and bright this week!
Here’s How it Works…
There are a few rules that come along with this nomination in order to continue spreading the sunshine:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their website.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules and display the logo (there are many versions!) available.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you for the award.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees of their nomination.
Suzan’s Questions for Her Nominees:
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- If you could go back to your launch date, what is one thing you would do differently?
- List one thing most don’t know about you.
- In another life, what would you be if you weren’t blogging?
- List 5 of your favorite foods.
- What is a hobby you wish you had more time for?
- What is your favorite season & why?
- Name one sustainable lifestyle you practice daily.
- What is your “secret” talent?
- Where is your special place? The special place when you visit you completely decompress & just exhale.
Here are My Answers to Suzan’s Questions:
- I began my first blog in 2011 after reading other homesteading blogs that I enjoyed. At the time my son was getting ready to start college classes and my full-time homeschooling ‘gig’ was winding down. It seemed like a natural progression to start sharing how-to information for new homesteaders online.
- If I could go back I would probably change a lot of things! But the biggest change I would make would be to start as a self-hosted blogger instead of using a free platform.
- Most people probably don’t know that I’m a big music fan…I love bluegrass, rock ‘n roll, and jazz 🙂
- I would have gone to school for environmental science and worked to create positive change in the world.
- Pizza, ice cream, chocolate, French fries, and cheeseburgers (probably because I shouldn’t eat them!)
- Painting, drawing, and reading.
- Autumn…I love the cool weather after summer’s heat and I adore the fall colors (and my birthday is in the fall too!)
- I compost all of our kitchen scraps and yard waste.
- My secret talent is finding 4 leaf clovers…they practically jump into my hands 🙂
- Any quiet beach with woods nearby!
The following bloggers are positive, helpful, and kind…and really deserve the recognition. So…here is my list of nominees for the Sunshine Bloggers Award!
- Julie from The Farm Wife – Julie is a ray of sun all on her own! She is a super positive and helpful person who also has a down to earth blog with frugal living and homesteading posts. Julie tells me that the next time I’m in her neck of the woods I need to stop in for some sweet tea and cookies! Yum!
- AnnMarie from 15 Acre Homestead – AnnMarie is one of my blogging buddies on facebook! She has a group for homesteading and natural living bloggers that has been extremely helpful when I get stuck. She’s always happy to help!
- Kelly from Gently Sustainable – Kelly shares tons of information on living a frugal and sustainable life. I love her green living posts and her facebook group for sustainable homesteading. 🙂
- Kathi from Oak Hill Homestead – Kathi is one of the homesteading bloggers I’ve known for years. She is so kind to share links to my posts and also has an awesome blog hop that I love to join each week. It’s always fun to catch up on her homestead life and positive messages!
- Dianne from Hidden Springs Homestead – Dianne has a wonderful homesteading site where she posts about gardening, simple living, and non-toxic cleaners. We became friends through a facebook group and I always enjoy her upbeat attitude!
- Melissa from Little Frugal Homestead – Here is a lady after my own heart! Melissa has a southern hospitality vibe to her blog that always makes me feel right at home. If I told her I’d be in town, she’d bake up a scrumptious treat and meet me on the front porch. 🙂
- Nancy from Nancy on The Homefront – Nancy and I go way back! She is one of the first bloggers I got to know. This lady is adventurous…she just moved from Vermont to Oregon! Her can-do attitude is inspiring.
- Laurie from Ridge Haven Homestead – Here’s another blogger who is always ready to stop by and leave a wonderful comment on my posts! Laurie loves nature and shares her adventures in homeschooling and living in an RV while her family builds their dream homestead. I’m in awe of her positive attitude.
- Tiffany from TeeDiddlyDee – DIY and homesteading are right up Tiffany’s alley! This lady isn’t afraid to pick up a saw and create her very own homesteading projects…all the while sharing easy to follow instructions that make it simple to follow along. I love her ‘let me at it’ attitude and creative spirit!
- Carol from Comfort Spring Station – Carol is a whiz in the kitchen and makes the most scrumptious looking treats! She’s also great at preserving food for later and sharing simple, delicious recipes that look amazing. 🙂
- Lisa from Fresh Vintage by Lisa S – Lisa has a wonderful way of repurposing and rejuvenating old stuff that might have been thrown away. I love her attitude that old can be new again with some spiffing up. Her projects are so pretty and inspiring and I always enjoy seeing what she is up to!
Congratulations to all of you! I hope you enjoy being a Sunshine Blogger!
And Here is My List of Questions…
Okay, Sunshine Bloggers…now it’s your turn to tell us about yourselves! Here’s what I’m dying to ask you:
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
- Who is your biggest cheerleader in life and/or blogging?
- Do you ever get writer’s block and how do you overcome it?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Do you have one bit of advice for new bloggers that you wish you’d known when you started?
- Is there one blogger (or blogging group) who has helped you the most with your blogging questions or problems?
- Where do you feel most creative or inspired to write?
- If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Do you have a favorite frugal or green living tip to share?
- What are your plans for the future (for your blog or life in general)?
Thank You for Spreading the Sunshine with the Sunshine Bloggers Award!
Once again, many thanks to Suzan for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Keep up the great work sharing sustainable living solutions for the world. 🙂
For all the bloggers I nominated for the Sunshine Blogging Award…you deserve the recognition! Thank you all for the positive vibes and great ideas you’ve shared on your blogs! You are a ray of sunlight in the world. 🙂
In addition to writing for her own websites, Lisa has contributed articles to The Prepper Project and Homestead.org.
The author lives outside of Chicago with her husband, son, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a variety of poultry.
Latest posts by Lisa Lombardo (see all)
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays #15 and Apple Season! - August 19, 2019
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays #14 and Preserving the Harvest! - August 12, 2019
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays #13 and Sunshine Blogger Award! - August 5, 2019