Welcome to Farm Fresh Tuesdays…
Whether you are here to read some fun posts or share your talent with us, I’m so happy to have you here! I hope you find some farm fresh inspiration in our hop this week. 🙂
My Thrifty Finds…
I’ve been shopping at thrift stores and garage sales for ages. Maybe some of you enjoy looking for great deals at thrift stores too. There are many reasons you might decide to choose second-hand items over brand new. For me, frugal living is how I grew up and has allowed us to live well on a budget.
In addition, I don’t want to support ‘fast fashion’ or mindless consumerism. Sustainability just makes sense to me and buying second-hand helps reduce waste and saves money…win-win!
I subscribe to the ‘use it up, make do, or do without’ school of thought, but this summer many of my clothes really needed to get downgraded to scrap/rag status…sorry old clothes! So what’s a thrifty lady gonna do? Go second-hand shopping!
And besides, I feel like my local Salvation Army is a treasure hunt just waiting for me!
To be honest, I had 3 or 4 more items that I wanted to buy but put them back on the rack. One was just a tad bit tight around my shoulders, another was a color that doesn’t look great on me, and one just seemed a bit frivolous. I really could use some shorts, skirts, and jeans, but my time was limited. Hopefully, I can find a few more items to fill in my rather sparse wardrobe. I am happy to say that I spent about $4 each for each new top…less than one new top at the department store. Sometimes I save even more!
Before you wear your thrift store finds, I recommend washing them thoroughly.
Do you like shopping at thrift stores? Would you wear second-hand clothes?
Okay…back to the blog hop!
Featured Posts This Week
Congratulations to our featured bloggers! Please stop by and leave a comment for them!
Be sure to check each of the hosts’ Farm Fresh Tuesdays posts to see if you were featured! We each choose our own features…don’t miss the chance to strut your stuff if you were featured by one of us!
Featured bloggers, grab our ‘Farm Fresh Feature!’ button and link it to the post where you were featured! Display it proudly in your sidebar or featured post!
Our Farm Fresh Tuesdays Hosts!
AnnMarie from 15 Acre Homestead
Shelle from Rockin W Homestead
Tamara from The Reid Homestead
And Lisa from The Self Sufficient HomeAcre – That’s Me!
Share Your Farm Fresh Posts This Week!
- Homesteading, homemaking, sustainable and green ideas, DIY, healthy living, and self-reliance posts are all welcome. Share up to 4 family-friendly posts.
- You may share older posts with ‘in season’ information, but please don’t share the same posts each week!
- If you share your posts in this party, you are giving permission for others to link to your posts….that’s a good thing because it helps get more eyes on your posts.
- Check each host’s hop post to see if you were featured this week.
- Be sure to link back to this blog hop so that we can feature you next week.
- Visit some of the other posts and leave a comment…let them know you found them here!
- Feel free to apply to our Farm Fresh Bloggers Roundup Page!
- Please do not link to other blog hops, linky parties, or to giveaways in this homesteading hop. However, you may leave a comment below telling us about your blog hop or giveaway!
Share the Farm Fresh Tuesdays Badge in your post or sidebar, or share a text link back to one of our hosts!
Are you hosting a blog hop or giveaway? Please share in the comments!
In addition to writing for her own websites, Lisa has contributed articles to The Prepper Project and Homestead.org.
The author lives outside of Chicago with her husband, son, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a variety of poultry.
Latest posts by Lisa Lombardo (see all)
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays #11 and Dealing with the Heat! - July 22, 2019
- How to Repel Mosquitoes and Treat Bites Naturally - July 18, 2019
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays #10 and Sweet & Hot Peppers - July 15, 2019