Zucchini Fritter Recipe
This zucchini fritter recipe is a great way to use up some of those plentiful squash in summer.
This is super easy to multiply for a larger batch. Each cup of zucchini makes 1 large or 2 small fritters to serve one person. I usually grate up a medium to large zucchini, measure to see how many cups I have, and then adjust the recipe to use the entire squash.
This page contains affiliate links. You will not pay any extra when you purchase products through these links, but I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting The Self Sufficient HomeAcre!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 Tbsp diced onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 – 3 Tbs bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Seasoning to taste (I used adobo seasoning, but I also like Italian seasoning)
- Oil for frying (I used bacon grease)
Combine shredded zucchini, onion, egg, bread crumbs and seasoning in a bowl. Spoon batter into hot, greased skillet and flatten slightly with back of spoon.
Fry until golden, then flip. Brown on both sides and cooke until egg is set in center. Serve hot or cold.
For a savory fritter, use a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, adobo seasoning, salt and pepper, or try chili powder for some heat.
For a sweet fritter, use cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Top savory fritter with shredded cheese and allow to melt
- Serve with sour cream, yogurt, or cottage cheese
- Top sweet fritter with cream cheese, maple syrup, honey, or vanilla sugar
- Make a sandwich with mulitgrain bread and mustard, ketchup, or hot sauce
Freeze Some For Later
Chill cooked fritters in the refrigerator. Place in freezer bags or vacuum seal them. Mark with date and freeze. Thaw and reheat. Use within 3 to 6 months.
How to Use Up Your Zucchinis
I planted 5 zucchini plants this spring even though 2 or 3 would have been plenty. Some years the squash vine borers do so much damage that I don’t get as many squashes as I want. This year a woodchuck munched on the leaves and set the plants back a week or so. But they recovered and once again I am harvesting more zucchini than we need (or want).
Ideas for Using Up Your Extra Zucchini!
- Shred in bread, muffins, pancakes, and cakes
- Lightly season and dehydrate for healthy chips
- Spiralize, slice wafer thin, or ‘zoodle’ for a healthy pasta substitute
- Serve raw with dip
- Pickle in place of cucumbers
- Zucchini relish
- Stir-fry with other veggies
- Cut in half lengthwise, brush with oil, and grill
- Shred, measure for your favorite zucchini bread recipe and freeze for winter
This zucchini fritter recipe is another tasty way to eat your zucchini! Check out my friend Kathi’s post on 18 Ways to Enjoy Summer Squash. 🙂
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.