The dash of cayenne pepper spices up this recipe. Use a bit more if you're feeling adventurous. Or don't use any at all if you just want a yummy fudgie brownie. For a special treat, serve with a scoop of ice cream and hot fudge sauce.!
- 1 c vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- small dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 c cocoa powder
- 1 c flour
In medium bowl, sift together salt, baking powder, cayenne pepper, cocoa powder, and flour, set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil or melted butter. Add vanilla and eggs, beat thoroughly. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13" pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until center is set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
I have experimented with healthier ingredients and have found that reducing the sugar to 1 1/2 cups and substituting whole wheat pastry flour for unbleached flour works well.
I also replaced the 4 large eggs with 4 duck eggs and this came out very moist and delicious.
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays & How to Make an Easy No Sew Fleece Pillow Cover - February 24, 2020
- Farm Fresh Tuesdays & How to Plan for the Most Productive Garden - February 17, 2020
- How to Be a Part of the Great Backyard Bird Count - February 13, 2020