Use up some of those seeds (so you can buy more)…How to Start Seedlings Indoors
Recognizing the Signs of Seed Addiction
Are you a seed junkie? The first step in recovering from addiction is recognizing that you have a problem. If you answer ‘yes’ to 2 or more of the following questions, you just might be a seed junkie.
20 Warning Signs that You are Addicted to Seeds:
- You have more seed packets than you will ever be able to plant.
- Organizing your collection reveals that you have several packets of each variety.
- You faint at the mere thought of organizing your collection.
- You purchase seeds because the package is pretty or will look nice with your other packets.
- There are seed packets in your collection dating back to the Nixon administration.
- You can’t bear to give or throw away packages of seeds, because someday you’ll plant them.
- You dream about seed catalogs and wake up ranting that you ‘need more beans!’
- You’ve ever run to the mail box in your pajamas in December in anticipation of seed catalogs, only to slip into a funk for the rest of the day if they haven’t arrived yet.
- You begin purchasing seeds for next year, before this year’s garden is put to rest.
- There are numerous drool spots in your seed catalogs.
- The zombie apocalypse seems like a rational reason for buying extra seeds.
- Your family is considering an intervention and consequent seed giveaway.
- People start giving you seed packets for holidays and your birthday, because they don’t know what else to give you.
- You’ve ever lost a pet in your seed collection. And you still haven’t found it.
- The beer fridge in your basement has been over run by seed packets.
- You forget your kids’ birthdays and give them seed packs in place of toys.
- You insist you can stop buying seeds anytime. After this one last order.
- Your spouse hides the seed catalogs, credit card, and check book starting around Thanksgiving.
- You hear the term ‘Seed Money’ and you don’t realize they’re talking about a business start up.
- You need to build a climate controlled addition on your house to contain your seed collection.
Are you a seed junkie? Are you recovering from a seed addiction? Do you know of any 12 step programs I can join?