Fresh Strawberry Pie – Quick and Easy Recipe!
I love this recipe for fresh strawberry pie because you don’t need to turn the oven on, and the berries provide most of the sweetness. You can make a single crust pie shell if you like or you can use a graham cracker crust. The graham cracker crust tastes wonderful and saves you the trouble of making and baking that pie crust when the weather is warm.
This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. You will not pay any extra for these products if you purchase them through my links. However, I may earn a small commission from the sale. Thank you!
Using Fresh Strawberries from My Garden
It’s wonderful to have fresh strawberries for making my Strawberry Jam Low Sugar Recipe and Strawberry Rhubarb Freezer Jam. This recipe for Fresh Strawberry Pie is one of my favorites! I hope you enjoy it too. 🙂
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 8 cups Strawberries wash and remove stems
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsps cornstarch
- 1 8 – 9″ pie crust graham cracker or single crust pastry shell
- Place 1 cup of the berries and the water in a blender and puree until smooth. Add enough additional water to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Add strawberry puree’ and stir over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Cool for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the mixture over sides and bottom of pie crust. Add half of remaining strawberries. Spoon half of remaining glaze over berries. Add the remaining berries and cover with the remainder of the glaze.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Make it Vegan if You Like…
This recipe contains no gelatin, unlike many of the recipes for fresh strawberry pies I found online. If you make the crust with coconut oil, this will be a vegan recipe.
Do you have a favorite recipe for strawberries?
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program allows me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. You will not pay any extra for these products and I’ll earn a small commission to help support this free website. Be advised that Amazon places cookies on your browser.