Just in time for the holidays!
Essential Oil Review!
I recently received samples of the lemon and peppermint doTerra essential oils from Jenni. I was excited to open the package and try this brand of essential oil! I’ve used essential oils in the past and enjoyed them. But I was concerned about using them for anything more than cleaning and topical applications, because they weren’t listed as food grade. But doTerra makes food grade essential oils that can be used internally!
First of all, my dog tried to eat the sample bottles when I opened the package! He’s never tried that before! I managed to save my precious little bottles for my own use. I got busy using the peppermint oil in a batch of homemade mouthwash. I just take a bottle of fresh water, add a few drops of peppermint oil, shake, rinse and spit! Fresh breath, no plastic bottles made of petroleum, and I can make it as strong as I like. Perfect!
The lemon essential oil smelled heavenly and I had fun adding a bit to my own furniture polish…a small bottle of mineral oil with a few drops of lemon oil and my antique furniture is glowing and smells wonderful! I also tried adding a drop of the essential oil and a little drizzle of honey to a cup of black tea for a tasty treat! What fun!
I really enjoyed using these essential oils and I’m sure that you will too! For more information, please visit Jenni’s essential oil page!
Jenni Hulburt is a health and fitness expert, creator of the Inspire Workouts, and author of the Dirt Detox. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science and a Master’s degree in Kinesiology (Sports Psychology). As a certified American College of Sports Medicine – Health and Fitness Specialist, Jenni creates fitness, nutrition, and wellness plans for people who want results in their body and their life. She is an educated researcher in exercise psychology, and has formally studied body image perceptions, chronic pain, exercise adherence, and motivation. Through personalized coaching and inspiration, Jenni helps you commit to your health and happiness, leave excuses in the dust, and move.
The Essential Oil Gift Set includes 5 ml bottles of 3 amazing essential oils in a a wooden gift box! Retail value of this Essential Oil Gift Set is $25.50!
This would make a wonderful gift for a friend or loved one, or a great kit to pamper yourself through the busy holiday season!
Wild Orange essential oils can be used for digestion, immune support, depression, and anxiety.
Peppermint essential oils is good for pain, digestion, hot flashes, allergies, and sinus congestion.
On Guard essential oil is a blend of wild orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary essential oils that help to fight off viruses and bacteria. It can be used for mold, sinus infections, cold/flu, and is great during the winter to stay well (and it smells like the holidays).
How to Use Essential Oils
- Aromatically: Put a few drops in a diffuser to purify a space, affect mood, or help the respiratory system
- Topically: Dilute 3-5 drops with a tablespoon of carrier oil (like fractionated coconut oil) and apply to affected area or to bottoms of feet. Note: Use 1-2 drops diluted for children and babies.
- Internally: Add drops to water or empty gel capsules, and swallow. Great for the immune, digestive, and urinary systems.
Jenni’s Favorite Ways to Use Wild Orange, Peppermint, and On Guard Essential Oils
- Diffuse wild orange for depression, add it to water to aid digestion and detoxification, or apply it to the back of your neck for energy.
- Rub peppermint (diluted for sensitive skin) on stomach in a clockwise direction for digestive issues, apply to sinuses as an anti-inflammatory, or diffuse for respiratory congestion.
- Add On Guard to water and gargle morning and night, apply to bottoms of feet (diluted) for immune system support, or dilute in spray bottle with water or white vinegar to clean.