Last week I was blown away by all the talented writers who shared their work on the ‘Winter on the HomeAcre Hop!’ I must say, the turnout was much bigger than I dreamed (and I tend to dream big). It was so hard to choose just one best post. I couldn’t do it. So I decided to feature several that I really liked and pick one of those to feature in my sidebar. The idea behind the sidebar feature is to keep your link up for awhile to help increase the traffic to your blog. (Once again there were posts that I picked, but they didn’t link back, so I couldn’t feature them.) So here we go…I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
My Favorite Overall Winter Homesteading Post – this will be featured in the sidebar of my blog…. Winterizing Your Flock by Fresh Eggs Daily! Great ideas for helping your chickens stay healthy and happy through the cold weather.
Favorite Winter History Lesson – I really enjoyed the history of the Tomten and how they helped farmers with their animals.
Winter With the Ancestors by Seven Trees Farms
Favorite Winter Photography Post – Chickens in the Snow by Scratch Cradle has some beautiful wintery day pics along with cute chicken pics.
If you were featured, please grab the special button to display proudly on your blog!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/" title="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/winter-featured-button.jpg" alt="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
I had a lot of fun with the Winter on the HomeAcre Hop and I hope you did too! Now, on to our regularly scheduled party, The HomeAcre Hop! I’m having a great time hosting this hop, and I so enjoy reading all of the posts that have been linked up. This is such a blast! But I’m beginning to realize that it’s going to be really difficult to comment on everyone’s post each week. There were over 80 posts shared last Thursday, which is amazing and wonderful! I hope that no one is disappointed or feels left out if I am unable to comment on your post. I’ll do my best, so please bear with me. I will read every post and continue to choose my fav’s to feature the following week.
Ok, this wasn’t any easier than picking my fav’s from the Winter Hop, but I tried to mix it up so I’m not choosing the same blogs and topics each week, so here it goes. Featured Posts from last week’s ‘The HomeAcre Hop’ are…
Pickled Beet Recipe by Small Footprint Family. I love beets so this one was right up my alley!
Goats, Goats, and More Goats by The Atypical Housewife. I want goats so this post was hard to resist!
If you were featured, grab the button to display proudly on your blog!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/" title="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/small-final-featured-button.jpg" alt="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
You are invited to share your original posts on:
- Livestock care
- Environmentally friendly farming
- Self sufficiency
- Off Grid Living
- Healthy recipes (free of preservatives and processed ingredients, but some sugar is ok)
- All natural home remedies and herbal concoctions
- Green living and Eco Friendly tips
- Food preservation
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle tips
- Environmentally friendly crafts and home decor
- Photo posts of natural living and homesteading subjects are also welcome!
Now that’s a lot of information to share! If it fits any of these topics, I want to hear about it
There are just a few little rules to follow:
- Family friendly posts only. ‘Nuff said
- Link up to 3 posts per week. Older posts are ok too.
- Link back to this blog hop with the HomeAcre Hop button or a text link in your post.
- Visit at least 3 of the other posts and let them know you found them here!
- If you wish to be featured, you must link back to the hop and please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest! (I follow back!)
- Please follow me by email! You’ll have a handy reminder to link up each week
- Posts that don’t follow the guidelines will be deleted.
- Only share content that you have created.
- No linking to hops, giveaways, or affiliate ads, please. I am happy to have info about your own products for sale, in the spirit of helping other bloggers with their own businesses
- Please remember that the whole idea of a blog hop is to visit the other bloggers and make connections and friendships…so share the linky love!
- By linking to this hop you are giving me permission to link back to your post if you are featured. I will also include one photo from your post in the interest of sending visitors your way
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/" title="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/resized-homeacre-hop-button2.jpg" alt="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Well alrighty then, let’s get hopping!